During the winter months here in North Carolina, your pipes can freeze very easily. As a homeowner that has gone through this, I can attest that going out in the cold to fix frozen pipes is not fun at all. Frozen pipes can break easily, which means you have to fix this issue quickly. To quickly thaw frozen pipes you should:
- Shut off the water supply.
- Open your faucets so that the melting ice has somewhere to go.
- Make sure that you don’t warm the pipes to quickly.
- You can wrap warm rags around the pipes.
- If you have an extension cord, try and use a hair dryer.
- You can try a space heater, but keep an eye on it.
Pipe breaks can cause toxic mildew in your home, rust your cabinets or wood flooring, and destroy your prized possessions through excessive water damage. Our prompt plumbing professionals can make sure this common problem does not occur to you. And with a free evaluation on all your plumbing issues, you have nothing to lose.
For all your plumbing issues in Charlotte and the surrounding area, Benjamin Franklin Plumbing is here to help. For pipe repair questions call us at 704-461-1700 or contact us online today.